Speech Therapy Internship
The Speech Language Pathology Intern's role is to provide quality care to clients receiving speech/language services. This position reports directly to the Regional Rehab Manager.
- Evaluate and treat a wide variety of pediatric clients ages 0-21 with speech, language, and communication impairment or delay, as well as oral motor and feeding issues.
- Uses a wide range of strategies and supports for promoting receptive and expressive language skills in the natural environment.
- Augments current behavioral home programs with strategies to improve teaching feeding, communication and language skills via written home programming and multi-disciplinary teaming.
- Other tasks as assigned
The Speech Language Pathology Intern will have the following experience and attributes:
- Pursing a Master's in: Communication disorders, Speech Pathology, or Audiology.
- Minimum G.P.A of 3.0
- Experience working with children with disabilities