Mental Health Internship - Master's Level
The Mental Health Intern's role is to provide quality care to clients receiving social skills services. This position reports directly to a Social Skills Consultant.
- Provide direct therapy services with Skill Sprout clients within the mental health department, which may include social skills treatment and/or individual, family and group counseling. Services will only be delivered on an outpatient basis in the office setting
- Provide diagnostic clinical intake interviews with clients at the time of the initial service delivery
- Collect data, prepare materials and train other line therapist staff as directed by Consultants
- Attend all team meetings and trainings, and complete all necessary paperwork as directed by Consultants or administrative staff
- Commit to and follow a weekly schedule with each assigned family, documenting all services
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times when working with other Skill Sprout staff and clients or families
- Other duties as assigned
The Mental Health Master's Level Student will have the following experience and attributes:
- Candidates will be actively pursuing a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling or related field.
- Preferred prior experience working with children with disabilities; experience working with typically developing children will be considered.